Position: (Full Time) Afternoon Drive Host/Content Creator
Station: 88.1 CJWE Calgary, Alberta
CJWE, Alberta's Best Country is seeking an afternoon drive host & Content Creator to work in our Calgary studio.
You will host a daily show on CJWE, but you’ll also be able to voice track on our sister stations across Alberta and experience everything radio has to offer. If you plan to live and breathe radio, this is the position that will turn you from good into amazing.
The successful candidate will:
- Host a daily show from 2-6pm on the CJWE Radio Network
- connect with the audience on-air, in person and on social media.
- enthusiastically participate in station events, and represent CJWE, and the Windspeaker Media Brand at on-site events and live broadcasts
- embrace network voice tracking.
- grow, invent, create, connect and make things happen that go beyond the job description.
- have a desire to build strong relationships within the community.
- be aware of issues relevant to Indigenous communities
- Diploma in Radio Broadcasting, Journalism or equivalent.
- Minimum 1year of on-air experience.
- Strong computer skills and experience with broadcast software programs.
- Strong writing skills and exceptional judgment.
- High quality on-air sound.
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment based on team and individual effort.
- A valid driver’s license
Interested applicants are invited to email a resume, cover letter and 60 second demo, in confidence to Jeremy@Windspeakermedia.com
Ensure that the subject line in your email is “CJWE Host.” Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No calls please.