Windspeaker Media has an exciting opportunity for a Full-Time Afternoon Drive Host to join our team at 88.1 CJWE in Calgary. If you are a person with personality, is fun, creative, upbeat, and hard working, We want to hear from you!
Here’s what we're looking for:
• An energetic talent who can actively engage listeners.
• A talent that understands the importance of social media and can connect to our audience.
• Someone who is a leader on the air, a leader in the halls, and a master of prep.
• A team member that is willing to be as busy on the air, as they are off.
Here’s what you will be responsible for:
- Producing and operating a daily afternoon show from 2-6pm
- Contribute to station social media pages and websites
- Working collaboratively in creating and producing engaging content.
- Appearances for station promotions and events
- Additional voice tracking or remotes as assigned
- Other job duties as requested by program director
- Voice tracking additional Windspeaker Media Radio stations
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year of on-air experience, but willing to train.
- Natural, engaging, and personable on the air, on the phone, on the street and in the hallway.
- Excellent storytelling skills and strong social media skills.
- Understands that taking direction is the key to growth.
- Strong editing and technical skills.
- Understands what being engaged in community really means.
- Knowledge and experience of Wide Orbit
- Positive attitude and sharp sense of humour
- Must hold a Valid Driver’s License.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply via email with a Cover letter and resume to the Wndspeaker Media Program Director.
No phone calls Please