2022 Canada Day in Calgary
There will be three main downtown locations for Canada Day events on July 1, including:
- Fort Calgary (750 Ninth Avenue S.E.);
- Olympic Plaza (228 Eighth Avenue S.W.); and
- St. Patrick’s Island Park (1300 Zoo Road N.E.).
- An Indigenous Showcase and Powwow at Fort Calgary from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a focus on education and reconciliation with Indigenous leader and Orange Shirt Society founder Phyllis Webstad;
- An all-Canadian lineup of musical performances at the TD Canada Day Stage from 3 to 11 p.m., with rock band Sloan headlining at 9:45 p.m.;
- Live, outdoor ArtsXpeditions performances from Arts Commons on the Olympic Plaza stage from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and
- Family-friendly entertainment throughout St. Patrick’s Island Park on three different stages from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
There will be a Canada Day fireworks display from the Municipal Building (800 Macleod Trail S.E.) at 11 p.m
The fireworks will include a blessing from Stoney Nakoda Elder Cindy Daniels and a message from Mayor Jyoti Gondek and be available on livestream on the City of Calgary's website.
For more information on Canada Day events in Calgary you can visit the City of Calgary's website.