As of Friday March 13, there are 29 confirmed Coronavirus cases in the Province
At this time, City facilities remain open, however officials will be monitoring the situation and evaluating an approach in the coming days
- 2020 Chuckwagon Canvas Auction has been cancelled
- 35th annual Aggie Days cancelled
- All Calgary Public library programs and events have been cancelled
- All Library outreach programs (ie. daycare, school and senior centre visits) have been cancelled
- City of Calgary Youth Hiring Fair (April 2) has been cancelled
Alberta Parks facility restrictions:
- Effective March 13, Bow Habitat Station is temporarily closed. The Sam Livingston Fish Hatchery will continue operations, however, public tours are suspended.
- Effective March 13, Canmore Nordic Centre will restrict access to the day lodge. Access to ticket purchases and washroom facilities is permitted.
- Effective March 13, William Watson Lodge will restrict access to the main lodge to individual check-in and check out.
- Effective March 14, the Cypress Hills Provincial Park ski hill is closed for the season.
- Alberta Parks will continue to assess all facilities and events against Alberta Health Services guidelines.
The Calgary Stampede, scheduled to open July 3, is still on
Calgary K-12 Schools remain open and in session, however parent-teacher interviews and any performances or events that could include parents, community members or students from other schools are cancelled