Mustafa will appear in court on December 22nd
A 23 year old Calgary man faces several charges following an investigation into the alleged sexual exploitation of children he met online.
Calgary Police Service officials say the investigation began in January following reports a 13-year-old girl had been given alcohol and other drugs in exchange for sex.
Investigators say the man connected with the potential victims on social media apps such as snapchat, instagram and whisper. The man went by Ray.
On Wednesday, 23-year-old Mohammad Rashid Mustafa was arrested and charged with:
- Sexual assault (two counts)
- Sexual interference (two counts)
- Invitation to sexual touching (two counts)
- Obtaining sexual services for consideration from a person under 18 years (three charges)
- Receiving material benefit from sexual service provided by a person under 18 years