Do you need assistance this holiday season? Apply at a Christmas hamper program near you!
Christmas hampers are available from several organizations in Calgary. Some you can reach out to directly, but most require a referral. Referral deadlines and contact info is included where available:
- The Mustard Seed Christmas Hamper: Available by referral only.
- Salvation Army - Christmas Hamper Program: Call (403) 410-1158 to make a request.
- Calgary Food Bank Food Hampers: Call 403-253-2055 to make a request.
- Kinette Club - Adopt-a-Family: Available by referral once every three years.
- The Alexandra Centre Society Christmas Hampers: Available by referral.
- The Magic of Christmas - Gift Program: Available by referral. Deadline Dec. 10, 2020.
- North East Calgary Adopt-a-Family: Available by referral through Community Resource Centers.
There are many more groups and agencies that offer help during the holidays. You can also call 2-1-1 to find a hamper program near you
How to support Christmas Hamper Programs
Christmas Hampers have a huge impact on families and seniors in our communities. There are a number of ways Calgarians can support Christmas Hamper programs in the community.
Christmas Assistance Registration - Calgary
New this year, all clients seeking assistance will go to our website at SalvationArmycalgary.org and sign up online. We will not be doing in-person intakes in our offices this year and will be encouraging everyone to attempt online registration themselves but can provide assistance over the phone when necessary. The registration has been translated into French and Spanish. They can do so by calling the Christmas hotline at 403-410-1158 and will be open starting Friday, October 16 and will open Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
City of Lethbridge